2018 Autism Advantage Luncheon
The 2018 Autism Advantage Luncheon event is organized by the United Nations Department of Public Information, in collaboration with Specialisterne Foundation. It is co-sponsored by the Permanent Missions of Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Denmark, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan and Poland, and organized with the support of Cognoa, Google, JPMChase, Microsoft, Standard Chartered Bank and Tatiana Copeland.
Thank you to the United Nations and our sponsors. The event was a resounding success. If you couldn’t be there, you can Watch the video of the 2018 Autism Advantage Luncheon here. Or you can follow the link to watch the slide show of the event.
Programme and speakers
1:15 pm Opening
- Welcome and introduction to Autism Advantage Luncheon 2018 theme: Employment Return on Investment: Jeff Brez, Chief NGO Relations, Advocacy and Special Events, UN Department of Public Information
- Women and Girls with Autism (WAAD 2018 theme): Mrs. Alison Smale, Under-Secretary-General, UN Department of Public Information
1: 25 pm Perspectives
- Government Return on Investment (ROI): Steve Wooderson, CEO, Council of State Administrators of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Autism Advantage Community ROI: David Caudel, ED, Vanderbilt Initiative for Autism Innovation and the Workforce
- Autism Advantage ROI, leadership perspective: Mark Vandenbosch, Dean, Ivey Business School
- Doubling Employment of People with Disabilities ROI: Senator Harkin (video)
- Autism Advantage Exponential Growth ROI: Thorkil Sonne, Founder, Specialisterne
1:45 – 1: 55 pm Key Note
- Looking past Limits in the Board Room: Caroline Casey, Founder, #Valuable
2:40 pm Wrap Up and looking forward to Autism Advantage Luncheon 2019: Jeff Brez